The health and safety of our passengers is our top priority, due to the ongoing pandemic we have put special protocols in place to assure our guests feel comfortable before, during, and after their cruise.
- Reservations are REQUIRED, no walk-on passengers permitted
- COVID-19 Surcharge of $2 will be applied to each ticket because of PPE, reduced capacity, and increased sanitation
PRE & POST BOARDING
- Facial coverings are REQUIRED for both the pre and post boarding processes
- One member of each group will check in at the table outside of our office
- Passengers should keep 6 feet between their group and other groups
- The same process will take place during post boarding after the cruise
- Facial coverings are REQUIRED for the full length of the trip
- During the cruise each group will be seated at a comfortable distance from all other groups, passengers are not guaranteed to be 6 feet apart for the entire length of the trip
- The capacity of both our vessels will be reduced to less than 50%, The Essex River Queen I (holds up to 42 passengers) will be capped at 20 passengers and The Essex River Queen II (holds up to 68 passengers) will be capped at 30 passengers.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all times
- The boat will be thoroughly sanitized in between cruises including the bathroom, bar area, railings, and seats.
- Crew will be wearing facial coverings while interacting with customers (gloves when dealing with food and beverage)
- Any employee who feels ill or demonstrates COVID-19 symptoms is required to stay home and is not permitted to enter any facilities or work their shift
PRIVATE EVENTS (CRUISES & TIDAL BEACH EVENTS)
- Capacity for private events must be capped at 50%, all attendees must wear a mask on the boat
If at any point a customer is unhappy or uncomfortable with one of our procedures they will be issued a full refund. We are hoping to provide customers with a safe and enjoyable experience with us during these unpredictable times.