Essex is full of history, charm, and unarguably AMAZING seafood. What better way to explore it this summer than on a scenic boat cruise followed by dining at one of there award-winning restaurants and browsing through there historic (and super cool) antique shops?! The options of what-to-do in Essex, MA are truly limitless. Our team at Essex River Cruises wants to help you experience all Essex has to offer, so we've created the perfect summer day itinerary for you -
- 9 AM: Grab a coffee and breakfast burrito at Village Market
- 10 AM: Head over to Essex River Cruises and enjoy our 10:30 AM scenic Boat Tour (want to be a little more adventurous? Turn your sightseeing cruise up a notch by enjoying a day on the beach! Our charter crew will prepare your customized clambake or barbeque while you soak up the sun. The tidal beach is a mostly secluded area perfect for enjoying beach games, swimming, sunbathing and team building activities.)
- 12 PM: Give your taste buds a field day by stopping by Woodman's of Essex or the Clam Box in Ipswich (tip: if it's a busy day you can call your order ahead of time as a to-go order... lines can be known to be very long at both places... but, worth the wait)
- 2 PM: Shop 'til you drop! Essex offers various different antique shops that will make you channel your inner creativity. Such as David Neligan Antiques, Rivers and Roads, White Elephant Shop, Bider's Antiques, Howard's Flying Dragon Antique's, Main Street Antiques and many more shops!
- 4 PM: Take a stroll down the causeway and take in the beautiful views of the Essex River.
- 4:30 PM: Dessert before dinner (yes, please). Head over to DownRiver Ice Cream and try their amazingly delicious ice cream.
- 6 PM: Dinner time! There are so many great restaurants to dine at. From the delicious wood oven pizza at Riversbend Restaurant (located at the Essex Marina) to Fish Tacos at CK Pearl to Cajun Popcorn Shrimp at the Village Restaurant, Essex has got you covered!
We hope you find yourself in Essex this summer! Feel free to reach out to our team at Essex River Cruises if you should have any questions about our tours, charters and/or the town itself. We LOVE sharing everything about Essex with visitors.